Before the new organ chamber was built in 1895 the singing was led by a barrel organ at the west end of the Nave near the font.
Before this the singing was led by a small orchestra. Mr Haw, parish clerk in 1888, played the flute and the bassoon. This band was an improvement on the old pitch pipe with which the church started the singing.
Latest News: St Andrew’s has been awarded £25,000 for essential construction work which will stop water seeping through the organ loft roof and causing damage to, not only the fabric of the building, but also to the historic organ beneath. Click here to read the full blog post on this funding.
Click any gallery image to see the images full screen, as a slide show.